Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming, Co-Chair of Obama's deficit
commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he
compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.
compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.
Look in the Mirror before you call seniors greedy
Here's a response in a letter from one of Senator Simpson’s constituents, an unknown farmer in Montana. I think he is a little ticked off! He also tells it like it is! I did a little editing of the farmer’s remarks to keep his comments PG-13 rated. Before you cite a liberal Fact Finding site like Snopes who is unable to find the anonymous farmer, so they will rate it “Mixed”, hoping everyone will disregard it, let me know because I can make a similar, personal response (possibly even BETTER) to Senator Simpson based on MY specific information. And I will be glad to contact Snopes (liberal husband/wife team with NO other employees) to let them know that I DID pen the new response to Senator Simpson. So it would be rated TRUE.
Here’s what the anonomous farmer had to say:
Congress, who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases
who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes. That's right,
sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of personal wealth, and advancing your pathetic, blood sucking political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight..
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public tit for FIFTY YEARS. But you have made no large monetary contribution as all Social Security recipients have (with the exception of illegal and legal immigrants).
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers, in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your cronys pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN. More UNILATERAL changes to a contract I made with the federal government 48 years ago.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game AGAIN? Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to continue to steal money from Medicare and Social Security to pay off your mistakes and political favors.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent b******s steal our money so easily that you just keep on “redistributing” my contributions to bail out your pork programs that exceed their budgets. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR mismanagement.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "b******t" on your incompetence. Well, Captain B******t, I have a few questions for YOU.
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career? It must be around $6 MILLION.
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers? It must be around $180,000 per year.
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance? The answer is ZERO and you are waived out of ObamaCare.
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies? The answers are NONE and YES.
It is you, Captain B******t, and your political co-conspirators called
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable A$$."
And now Senator Simpson, lets take a trip down memory lane to examine the history of the rape of the Social Security “golden egg” Trust Fund. You of course will never read this, but I wonder here in Texas exactly how many of these thefts you voted in favor of.
Need a Social Security history lesson?
Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:
1. That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary.
No longer voluntary
2. That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual income into the Program,
Now 10.4% on the first $106,800
3. That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year.
No longer tax deductible
4. That the money the participants contributed would be put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund therefore would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program.
Under Johnson the money was moved to the General Fund and re-distributed to failing programs and for political payoffs. Without this THEFT, the Social Security Trust Fund would currently have a $2.5 TRILLION surplus in it.
5. That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.
Under Clinton & Gore up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed
Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government over the years, to 'put away' -- you may be interested in the following:
Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.
Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democratic Party.
Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US
And my favorite:
Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?
A: That's right! It was Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!
Then, after a criminal rape of the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!
And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it! If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe TRUE changes will